Ghosting — okay in this situation or no?

Okay so I’m in the midst of a heinous divorce (husband had 3 women on the side, verbally and sexually abusive, and also kinda racist) and in a temporary moment of freaking out because I’m 32 and getting a divorce I decided to experiment with Bumble and see what it was like.

Talked to a few people, exchanged numbers with one, and then deleted the app once I saw what it was like and what sort of people were on it. I made it clear to the guy I exchanged numbers with that I wasn’t ready to date right now. Just looking for friends for now but am open to dating later. (I know I know... I shouldn’t be talking to anyone right now and this really isn’t healthy at all)

So soon to be ex husband (divorce will be final in less than 2 weeks) comes over night before last to get some of his stuff. Goes through my phone. Finds messages. Ensue fight of the century. Lots of yelling and also a good slap to the face. I got so upset I blocked the guy and deleted his info just to satisfy angry ex.

Now I’m really traumatized and I don’t want to talk to anyone. However, I feel bad and I don’t want this guy to think I ghosted him. He was really nice. I’m sure he already thinks that but I don’t really know what the best thing to do would be.

Should I just leave it be or unblock the guy, explain what happened, and apologize profusely?

And please don’t roast me too hard. I know I shouldn’t have downloaded Bumble but isolation due to quarantine + a divorce + trying to continue healing from multiple infidelities = not always thinking or acting logically.



Submitted April 01, 2020 at 11:44PM

Okay so I’m in the midst of a heinous divorce (husband had 3 women on the side, verbally and sexually abusive, and also kinda racist) and in a temporary moment of freaking out because I’m 32 and getting a divorce I decided to experiment with Bumble and see what it was like.Talked to a few people, exchanged numbers with one, and then deleted the app once I saw what it was like and what sort of people were on it. I made it clear to the guy I exchanged numbers with that I wasn’t ready to date right now. Just looking for friends for now but am open to dating later. (I know I know... I shouldn’t be talking to anyone right now and this really isn’t healthy at all)So soon to be ex husband (divorce will be final in less than 2 weeks) comes over night before last to get some of his stuff. Goes through my phone. Finds messages. Ensue fight of the century. Lots of yelling and also a good slap to the face. I got so upset I blocked the guy and deleted his info just to satisfy angry ex.Now I’m really traumatized and I don’t want to talk to anyone. However, I feel bad and I don’t want this guy to think I ghosted him. He was really nice. I’m sure he already thinks that but I don’t really know what the best thing to do would be.Should I just leave it be or unblock the guy, explain what happened, and apologize profusely?And please don’t roast me too hard. I know I shouldn’t have downloaded Bumble but isolation due to quarantine + a divorce + trying to continue healing from multiple infidelities = not always thinking or acting logically.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.