Does anyone else fear unintentionally being a catfish?

I 25F, have lost a lot of weight. So I don't see myself the way other people may see me. My friends and coworkers tell me I am extra harsh on myself. I post my "middle of the road" photos online, so if I look better he will be pleasantly surprised but if not, it's not too far off from what he thinks I look like I guess.

So when I look in the mirror I feel like I look different than I do in selfies too. I've had guys not go past a first date with me and I can't tell if its because we didn't vibe or maybe he was unimpressed with me in person.

I over think this a lot and it keeps me from dating often. It's actually a fear for me at this point. When I full on smile with teeth, my face looks sooo much rounder and chubbier than when I smile with a closed mouth or not smile at all. But of course guys like it when you smile, but I don't want to look chubby. I also hate the way my profile looks from the side.

It's just this downward spiral of thoughts for me. Does anyone else feel this way? How do you over come it? I also work out and do my best to eat healthy 80% of the time or so.

Do guys care this much and analyze the way we look this much?



Submitted August 10, 2019 at 12:08AM

I 25F, have lost a lot of weight. So I don't see myself the way other people may see me. My friends and coworkers tell me I am extra harsh on myself. I post my "middle of the road" photos online, so if I look better he will be pleasantly surprised but if not, it's not too far off from what he thinks I look like I guess.So when I look in the mirror I feel like I look different than I do in selfies too. I've had guys not go past a first date with me and I can't tell if its because we didn't vibe or maybe he was unimpressed with me in person.I over think this a lot and it keeps me from dating often. It's actually a fear for me at this point. When I full on smile with teeth, my face looks sooo much rounder and chubbier than when I smile with a closed mouth or not smile at all. But of course guys like it when you smile, but I don't want to look chubby. I also hate the way my profile looks from the side.It's just this downward spiral of thoughts for me. Does anyone else feel this way? How do you over come it? I also work out and do my best to eat healthy 80% of the time or so.Do guys care this much and analyze the way we look this much?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.