Bittersweet

Biting through a sweet orange

Satisfying my craving

In my mouth it felt fucking amazing

My ravenousness lead me to devour it

I couldn’t enjoy it bit by bit

With the bitterness i get hit

So bitter that i couldn’t do anything but spit

I cant even imagine it being sweet in the first place

There is no proof of the sweetness in any case

For it was the last bite in which i discovered

What i had been eating all along

How could my tastebuds do me so wrong

I don’t even know if i can call it bittersweet

As bitter is always stronger than sweet



Submitted July 31, 2019 at 11:59PM

Biting through a sweet orangeSatisfying my cravingIn my mouth it felt fucking amazingMy ravenousness lead me to devour itI couldn’t enjoy it bit by bitWith the bitterness i get hitSo bitter that i couldn’t do anything but spitI cant even imagine it being sweet in the first placeThere is no proof of the sweetness in any caseFor it was the last bite in which i discoveredWhat i had been eating all alongHow could my tastebuds do me so wrongI don’t even know if i can call it bittersweetAs bitter is always stronger than sweet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.