I told her I liked her months ago, got rejected, but she convinced me to stay friends.

We hung out 3-4 times, and then I told her I liked her, and she said I am like a brother to her, and that she thinks there is no chemistry.

The I told her I do not want to stay in touch, because we do not have enough in common to be just friends. Like a common interest, or any reason to hang out without being intimate. And I do not just mean sex, I mean having intimate conversations, sharing feelings, dreams, being partners in life. I am looking for different qualities in a friendship. I told her all of this, and she convinced me to stay in touch. Mainly because I do not have any friends, and I have to start somewhere...

This has been months ago. We hung out once, met a few times talking a little, but mostly, we are writing text messages or talking on the phone.

The rejection still hurts a little to be honest, I still like her in some ways, I still value our phone conversations in some ways.

To be clear, I am not interested in dating her anymore, I did not try to stay friends hoping she would change her mind. I just wanted to be open-minded and wanted to give it a try.

She asked me today, if I would wanna hang out tomorrow, and I do not, and I do not even know why she is asking, to be honest, I do not even know how much she values anything about me.

I feel like whatever we have is not progressing anywhere, and I am certain the moment she finds a boyfriend she will cut me loose.

I want to avoid the drama, but I am pretty sure she is going to give me a hard time tomorrow about how I never want to hang out anymore. Which isn't entirely sure, but I do not wanna hang out at her place, because that is weird.

She once even told me, I am not putting in as much effort as I did when we started seeing each other, and that she is sorry, but this is all she can offer. And I told here, that she can not expect me to treat her like a girlfriend, to which she responded, "whatever".

The last couple of times she asked, I told her I do not have time to just hang out for no particular reason, or that I just do not feel like it, which was true. I would have to travel 1 hour to meet her, which I could also spend doing something I enjoy.

I find her immature and kind of rude at times, sometimes she says hurtful things, but overall, I still like her, as a friend.

But I do not want to talk on the phone anymore, I definitely do not want to text her, and I do not think there is a reason we should meet.

I do not know what I should do, I obviously have feelings for her. She is super attractive, and I am afraid this is part of the reason I like her, even if only as a friend.

We are not right for each other, I see that, I want to date someone else, so I wouldn't have problems staying friends, except, I do not think we are compatible as friends.

It would definitely hurt loosing the connection we have, but I feel like sooner or later this is going to happen, I do not think I can do anything about it. So confusing.



Submitted January 21, 2024 at 12:16AM

We hung out 3-4 times, and then I told her I liked her, and she said I am like a brother to her, and that she thinks there is no chemistry.The I told her I do not want to stay in touch, because we do not have enough in common to be just friends. Like a common interest, or any reason to hang out without being intimate. And I do not just mean sex, I mean having intimate conversations, sharing feelings, dreams, being partners in life. I am looking for different qualities in a friendship. I told her all of this, and she convinced me to stay in touch. Mainly because I do not have any friends, and I have to start somewhere...This has been months ago. We hung out once, met a few times talking a little, but mostly, we are writing text messages or talking on the phone.The rejection still hurts a little to be honest, I still like her in some ways, I still value our phone conversations in some ways.To be clear, I am not interested in dating her anymore, I did not try to stay friends hoping she would change her mind. I just wanted to be open-minded and wanted to give it a try.She asked me today, if I would wanna hang out tomorrow, and I do not, and I do not even know why she is asking, to be honest, I do not even know how much she values anything about me.I feel like whatever we have is not progressing anywhere, and I am certain the moment she finds a boyfriend she will cut me loose.I want to avoid the drama, but I am pretty sure she is going to give me a hard time tomorrow about how I never want to hang out anymore. Which isn't entirely sure, but I do not wanna hang out at her place, because that is weird.She once even told me, I am not putting in as much effort as I did when we started seeing each other, and that she is sorry, but this is all she can offer. And I told here, that she can not expect me to treat her like a girlfriend, to which she responded, "whatever".The last couple of times she asked, I told her I do not have time to just hang out for no particular reason, or that I just do not feel like it, which was true. I would have to travel 1 hour to meet her, which I could also spend doing something I enjoy.I find her immature and kind of rude at times, sometimes she says hurtful things, but overall, I still like her, as a friend.But I do not want to talk on the phone anymore, I definitely do not want to text her, and I do not think there is a reason we should meet.I do not know what I should do, I obviously have feelings for her. She is super attractive, and I am afraid this is part of the reason I like her, even if only as a friend.We are not right for each other, I see that, I want to date someone else, so I wouldn't have problems staying friends, except, I do not think we are compatible as friends.It would definitely hurt loosing the connection we have, but I feel like sooner or later this is going to happen, I do not think I can do anything about it. So confusing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.