Am I falling too hard and too fast? [24F]

Met on a dating app and we had our first date and soon to have our second.

I’ve had horrendous luck dating and haven’t seriously liked someone in about 4 years. Been on several dates since then but I was very indifferent to them and they didn’t go anywhere past two at most.

This guy has been really different. We had a great conversation before he asked me out so I was actually excited for our date which I usually never am.

We met at 7 and didn’t leave until 2AM and three bottles of wine in.

It may have been drunken talk but I told him about my mental health problems (I’m borderline) and said that it would be a problem (I internalise my issues and try my hardest for it not to impact anyone).

Usually, when I disclose this, guys are okay but don’t seem to want to deal with that. I get it because I hate dealing with it. He took my hands though and told me “no, it will be a problem at some point but we’ll deal with it”. That meant a lot.

Anyway, we spent the night talking about marriage and what we’d do when we had kids and how we’d split bills and if he expected me to be a housewife or whatever. I also told him that I like nice things and I want a nice life and he said that’s fine; it gives him something to work towards. It just all felt really nice and I really started to like him on the way home.

He didn’t message the next day so I messaged him and we spoke until 2AM last night and arranged a second date. I told him I’m not looking for a hookup and told him about my shitty dating past and he said that he’d like for that to change in the future. He even said on our date that I could probably look at deleting the apps in the very near future.

I do really like him and I don’t want to mess this up but I don’t want him to think I’m doing too much. Should I be feeling this way so soon or should I calm down and keep seeing other people? I don’t want to as I went on a dating app today to try not to put all my eggs in one basket but really wasn’t interested. We don’t speak every day, and I’m not going to message him so he doesn’t feel overwhelmed but is that a sign that he may not be that interested in me so far?

This is the first time I’ve felt this way in so long and I’d love to embrace this feeling but I don’t want to mess it up



Submitted May 31, 2023 at 12:14AM

Met on a dating app and we had our first date and soon to have our second.I’ve had horrendous luck dating and haven’t seriously liked someone in about 4 years. Been on several dates since then but I was very indifferent to them and they didn’t go anywhere past two at most.This guy has been really different. We had a great conversation before he asked me out so I was actually excited for our date which I usually never am.We met at 7 and didn’t leave until 2AM and three bottles of wine in. It may have been drunken talk but I told him about my mental health problems (I’m borderline) and said that it would be a problem (I internalise my issues and try my hardest for it not to impact anyone).Usually, when I disclose this, guys are okay but don’t seem to want to deal with that. I get it because I hate dealing with it. He took my hands though and told me “no, it will be a problem at some point but we’ll deal with it”. That meant a lot.Anyway, we spent the night talking about marriage and what we’d do when we had kids and how we’d split bills and if he expected me to be a housewife or whatever. I also told him that I like nice things and I want a nice life and he said that’s fine; it gives him something to work towards. It just all felt really nice and I really started to like him on the way home.He didn’t message the next day so I messaged him and we spoke until 2AM last night and arranged a second date. I told him I’m not looking for a hookup and told him about my shitty dating past and he said that he’d like for that to change in the future. He even said on our date that I could probably look at deleting the apps in the very near future.I do really like him and I don’t want to mess this up but I don’t want him to think I’m doing too much. Should I be feeling this way so soon or should I calm down and keep seeing other people? I don’t want to as I went on a dating app today to try not to put all my eggs in one basket but really wasn’t interested. We don’t speak every day, and I’m not going to message him so he doesn’t feel overwhelmed but is that a sign that he may not be that interested in me so far?This is the first time I’ve felt this way in so long and I’d love to embrace this feeling but I don’t want to mess it up

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.