/u/Desl0s on Aces and aros, how do you call your partners?

I call them my partner! It's a term used quite a bit in the LGBTQIA+ community, so sometimes I know it gives the impression that I'm gay or that one of us is NB when neither of those things is true, but 1. I don't like giving anyone any identification info if I don't have to, especially if I don't know them well, and 2. I've been with them for almost a decade now, and calling your significant other boy/girl friend feels a little bit inaccurate for the type of relationship we have.

They're my partner, and we, like partners, have a dynamic that's a little more hammered out than that of two folks who just got together, I think. Just my 2¢ though!





April 18, 2023 at 11:24PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.