Is it possible to meet people to date in real life anymore?

Here's a question.

The world has been increasingly turning to online dating apps. Hinge, Bumble, Tinder, etc. But back in the day people used to meet their significant others (WAIT FOR IT) in person!! I'm 32 and male. I talk to some women at bars just to strike up a convo and its like pulling teeth. I was once having a completely normal and appropriate conversation at a rooftop pool bar and the women literally just walked away.

So here's my question, do you think it is possible to meet/date people you meet just out and about? If so, how do you go about doing it? Would you be receptive to a stranger asking for your phone number or making an introduction out of the blue in person? Why/why not?



Submitted April 15, 2023 at 11:36PM

Here's a question.The world has been increasingly turning to online dating apps. Hinge, Bumble, Tinder, etc. But back in the day people used to meet their significant others (WAIT FOR IT) in person!! I'm 32 and male. I talk to some women at bars just to strike up a convo and its like pulling teeth. I was once having a completely normal and appropriate conversation at a rooftop pool bar and the women literally just walked away.So here's my question, do you think it is possible to meet/date people you meet just out and about? If so, how do you go about doing it? Would you be receptive to a stranger asking for your phone number or making an introduction out of the blue in person? Why/why not?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.