Building your way up to a relationship from nothing.

So for the first time in a year, I [M21] am going on a date with someone [F20]. This is also my first time going on a date with someone I met on a dating app.

I have very little experience with dating and quite frankly, little experience meeting new people, possibly my biggest flaw. Another big and painful flaw is I get attached to someone very easily.

I will NOT be doing this this time. My last date was with my high school crush a year ago, with a 5 year gap from the last time we met. I went head over heels too quick, thinking she had to be the one. She wasnt, I got attached and became too needy, after the 3rd date she decided to end it which was fair enough.

I've learnt from this mistake and was the best thing I got out of those dates. I'm taking what I've learnt from the past and bringing it with me.

What I need help with is finding that balance between needy and disinterested and when to notice where you're at.



Submitted March 25, 2023 at 12:38AM

So for the first time in a year, I [M21] am going on a date with someone [F20]. This is also my first time going on a date with someone I met on a dating app.I have very little experience with dating and quite frankly, little experience meeting new people, possibly my biggest flaw. Another big and painful flaw is I get attached to someone very easily.I will NOT be doing this this time. My last date was with my high school crush a year ago, with a 5 year gap from the last time we met. I went head over heels too quick, thinking she had to be the one. She wasnt, I got attached and became too needy, after the 3rd date she decided to end it which was fair enough.I've learnt from this mistake and was the best thing I got out of those dates. I'm taking what I've learnt from the past and bringing it with me.What I need help with is finding that balance between needy and disinterested and when to notice where you're at.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.