Absolute 100% beginner in need of first date advice

I (17m) have never been on a date so far in my life, but got talking with this guy (18m) and he’s asked me out for coffee on Wednesday. I think he’s funny, good looking & generally a good potential boyfriend.

My problem comes here: I’m an absolute beginner in dating and don’t know how to ensure my safety meeting a guy for a date, how I should dress for coffee (I’m probably overthinking that bit) & pretty much everything.

I want to be able to put my best self foreword but have struggled my whole life with being myself & creating social connections. I actually haven’t even hung out with friends in nearly a year and have been way too reclusive for too long. I’m almost worried I’ve lost all semblance of social skills.

I want to lay down the groundwork for a lasting relationship, likely not too long since I don’t want to only ever have dated 1 guy, but one where he won’t get bored and want to continue dating me.

My #1 concern though is safety. I’m sure he isn’t a catfish since we’ve been sending goofy selfies for a couple days now, but for all I know this guy is actually a young looking older man. We’re meeting in a public place and I intend to keep it that way the whole time. I’m just very nervous.

Please feel free to leave any advice on personal safety, social interaction and all else that is appropriate.



Submitted February 16, 2023 at 01:10AM

I (17m) have never been on a date so far in my life, but got talking with this guy (18m) and he’s asked me out for coffee on Wednesday. I think he’s funny, good looking & generally a good potential boyfriend.My problem comes here: I’m an absolute beginner in dating and don’t know how to ensure my safety meeting a guy for a date, how I should dress for coffee (I’m probably overthinking that bit) & pretty much everything.I want to be able to put my best self foreword but have struggled my whole life with being myself & creating social connections. I actually haven’t even hung out with friends in nearly a year and have been way too reclusive for too long. I’m almost worried I’ve lost all semblance of social skills.I want to lay down the groundwork for a lasting relationship, likely not too long since I don’t want to only ever have dated 1 guy, but one where he won’t get bored and want to continue dating me.My #1 concern though is safety. I’m sure he isn’t a catfish since we’ve been sending goofy selfies for a couple days now, but for all I know this guy is actually a young looking older man. We’re meeting in a public place and I intend to keep it that way the whole time. I’m just very nervous.Please feel free to leave any advice on personal safety, social interaction and all else that is appropriate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.