/u/ThousandWit on Wake up babe, new census ‘21 data dropping

See, while I understand skepticism about the number, it does surprise me that so many people here are willing to discount the census number in favour of the 1% stat.

Is the census an undercount? Almost certainly. I can think of a few good reasons why it would be and no good counterweights to those reasons. Is it an undercount by a factor of 20? That seems a bit harder to believe.

In reality, I don't think any of the surveys we've seen before on asexuality have had a sample size anywhere near as large as the population of England and Wales, and between the larger margins of error on the smaller surveys, as well as the fact that 1% is a nice number that indicates some rounding, has happened, I wouldn't discount the census number entirely. I suspect it's closer to the truth than a lot of the other smaller surveys.





January 07, 2023 at 12:08AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.