/u/acetheticism on Questioning if I'm under the Asexual umbrella

I grew up in a conservative Christian family where it was understood that premarital sex = bad. So, for the longest time I assumed that my lack of interest in sex was me being good and pious. Once I went away to college got out of that bubble, I realized that while my view on sex changed, my lack of sexual attraction didn't.

First, do you experience sexual attraction? You can still be sex-averse or repulsed and still experience sexual attraction. But generally, whether or not you experience sexual attraction, and how you experience it, will determine if you're a-spec.

Second, how do you think of sex in general vs. sex in regard to you personally. For example, I don't mind watching/reading sexual content, or hearing people talk about sex. But the idea of me personally engaging in sex is very repulsive. That helped me realize that I wasn't just casting a blanket judgment on sex, or people who are sexually active - it's just not something I want.





January 03, 2023 at 12:45AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.