Eye Contact, Confidence and how to actually flirt

Whenever I tried to learn something new about dating, flirting, and general appearance, there was this basic advice that I somehow disregarded.

Not because I didn't believe in them, but because I thought they were overrated and only general appearance mattered. And I am confident, but not when it comes to flirting and dating in general. Simply because I have no experience with it.

But recently I was at a party and I noticed that a lot of girls started talking to me, but then another guy came in and their attention switched. And why? Because my conversation and general approach was that of a friendly guy.

He walked up to them, didn't break eye contact every second, and was charming. We do look similar, as we are often seen as brothers, but he is more charming and immediately showed interest in the girls, and that came across.

Now I came back from a party and during the party I thought to myself that this time I won't worry so much. I have nothing to lose and was just having fun and not thinking about any consequences. If I liked a girl, I showed it.

And now I'm typing this while she's in the shower. That was the first time something like that worked out, and if something happened, it was because of my looks. And most of the time, nothing has happened.

In short, all this advice means that you should have fun, not worry so much and actually think about how you can be seduced yourself and when you were once courted by someone and what that looked like. Have a good conversation, but think about how a flirty conversation is different from a friendly conversation. Shit is easy when you break through it. Still got a lot to learn but hey atleast smth.



Submitted December 15, 2022 at 12:19AM

Whenever I tried to learn something new about dating, flirting, and general appearance, there was this basic advice that I somehow disregarded.Not because I didn't believe in them, but because I thought they were overrated and only general appearance mattered. And I am confident, but not when it comes to flirting and dating in general. Simply because I have no experience with it.But recently I was at a party and I noticed that a lot of girls started talking to me, but then another guy came in and their attention switched. And why? Because my conversation and general approach was that of a friendly guy.He walked up to them, didn't break eye contact every second, and was charming. We do look similar, as we are often seen as brothers, but he is more charming and immediately showed interest in the girls, and that came across.Now I came back from a party and during the party I thought to myself that this time I won't worry so much. I have nothing to lose and was just having fun and not thinking about any consequences. If I liked a girl, I showed it.And now I'm typing this while she's in the shower. That was the first time something like that worked out, and if something happened, it was because of my looks. And most of the time, nothing has happened.In short, all this advice means that you should have fun, not worry so much and actually think about how you can be seduced yourself and when you were once courted by someone and what that looked like. Have a good conversation, but think about how a flirty conversation is different from a friendly conversation. Shit is easy when you break through it. Still got a lot to learn but hey atleast smth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.