Awkwardness of asking a girl out in your mid/late 20's

Okay, so, I'm 26(m). I've dated plenty my adult life, but almost all I've met on online dating apps/sites. Besides maybe one or two that friends set me up with. And back when I was in highschool I was never really lucky. I mean, I asked out awkwardly, plenty of girls, but I don't remember dating at all back then.

I don't have a problem with online dating. It works. I've met and dated a few good girls thanks to it. But, the issue is, it's so limited in comparison to other ways you meet in person.

The past year or so, I purposefuly went on a break, but recently decided to start dating again. I hoped on some good apps and realized how limited it is.

Along with that, I met a very nice, pretty young woman in my age group, with many things in common, at my university in a course we took. We've become friends, and found we have common friends as well. I'm very interested her and would love to ask her out.

The issue is... How the hell do you ask a girl out as an adult?!

I mean, I understand it's a simple actions. But I feel just as awkward now as I did back in highschool asking a friend out.

I mean, one, she's my friend. The obvious awkwardness of that. Two, what is the protocol of asking someone out as an adult in person?

I mean, just asking them out on a date? A one on one social experience? And in doing so, how do you make the interest in them clear, but not "I love you" (Patric Star)?

Simply put, how do you, as an adult, ask a girl out and show your interest in them beyond a friendship?



Submitted October 24, 2022 at 12:15AM

Okay, so, I'm 26(m). I've dated plenty my adult life, but almost all I've met on online dating apps/sites. Besides maybe one or two that friends set me up with. And back when I was in highschool I was never really lucky. I mean, I asked out awkwardly, plenty of girls, but I don't remember dating at all back then.I don't have a problem with online dating. It works. I've met and dated a few good girls thanks to it. But, the issue is, it's so limited in comparison to other ways you meet in person.The past year or so, I purposefuly went on a break, but recently decided to start dating again. I hoped on some good apps and realized how limited it is.Along with that, I met a very nice, pretty young woman in my age group, with many things in common, at my university in a course we took. We've become friends, and found we have common friends as well. I'm very interested her and would love to ask her out.The issue is... How the hell do you ask a girl out as an adult?!I mean, I understand it's a simple actions. But I feel just as awkward now as I did back in highschool asking a friend out.I mean, one, she's my friend. The obvious awkwardness of that. Two, what is the protocol of asking someone out as an adult in person?I mean, just asking them out on a date? A one on one social experience? And in doing so, how do you make the interest in them clear, but not "I love you" (Patric Star)?Simply put, how do you, as an adult, ask a girl out and show your interest in them beyond a friendship?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.