I feel inadequate sometimes

I (27f) have been dating this guy (25m) for about 3 months now. We have been getting more serious lately and feel we are falling for each other and hard, even though it’s pretty early it feels very natural and not forced and he seems like a very high value man.

Right now he is like the perfect man. He’s handsome, caring, intelligent, thoughtful and he has shown me over time that he is not just interested in sex. I am usually quite picky so this is so refreshing.

I recently met some of his very close friends. They are all very educated and in good jobs. He gathered them all to come meet me. He comes from an affluent family, some of whom are politicians and I feel quite intimidated.

He really wants to meet my friends and family. And here is where the issue lies. I don’t have a huge group of friends here, over the years some of my friends have either moved countries or I have grown apart from some. I don’t have a huge group of friends to show to him.

My parents aren’t educated although my siblings and I are. His father was a former mayor in his home country and my father earns pennies.

I feel as though he won’t approve, or he would wonder why I only have a few friends in the city I grew up in. I know money and material things don’t matter but I can’t help but feel sad.

He has said that he feels like I’m avoiding it and I feel can’t keep making excuses for him. A part of me is embarrassed by my situation. It’s frustrating because I have such a connection with him, everything feels so right.

I’m not sure what I should do. I know I should just be honest but I feel he sees a future with me and I keep picturing our families colliding.



Submitted September 11, 2022 at 12:13AM

I (27f) have been dating this guy (25m) for about 3 months now. We have been getting more serious lately and feel we are falling for each other and hard, even though it’s pretty early it feels very natural and not forced and he seems like a very high value man.Right now he is like the perfect man. He’s handsome, caring, intelligent, thoughtful and he has shown me over time that he is not just interested in sex. I am usually quite picky so this is so refreshing.I recently met some of his very close friends. They are all very educated and in good jobs. He gathered them all to come meet me. He comes from an affluent family, some of whom are politicians and I feel quite intimidated.He really wants to meet my friends and family. And here is where the issue lies. I don’t have a huge group of friends here, over the years some of my friends have either moved countries or I have grown apart from some. I don’t have a huge group of friends to show to him.My parents aren’t educated although my siblings and I are. His father was a former mayor in his home country and my father earns pennies.I feel as though he won’t approve, or he would wonder why I only have a few friends in the city I grew up in. I know money and material things don’t matter but I can’t help but feel sad.He has said that he feels like I’m avoiding it and I feel can’t keep making excuses for him. A part of me is embarrassed by my situation. It’s frustrating because I have such a connection with him, everything feels so right.I’m not sure what I should do. I know I should just be honest but I feel he sees a future with me and I keep picturing our families colliding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.