Is it okay to ask a friend I like on a date through message, if it's the ONLY option I have?

I've finally gotten the motivation/courage to ask my friend out on a date, but unfortunately I don't have many options. We don't see each other during the week, we both work and only text one another afterwards. On the weekends though, we at times hang out and go out to the movies, clubs or out to eat somewhere.

I was thinking of texting her to ask her out on a date this weekend, but I'm not sure if that's the appropriate way to do this. I haven't asked anyone out on a date, so I'm not sure.

Also, she doesn't have my number so calling her isn't an option. None of my friends have my number, they all keep contact through social media. So calling her is definitely out of the picture here.

I don't have many options here, so personally I think I'm gonna go through with texting her. But before I do anything, I have to ask: is this okay? Like I said, I don't have other options due to our busy schedule. I don’t have a chance to tell her in person, because we don't see each other.

I'll love your thoughts on this! I'll greatly appreciate it.



Submitted July 20, 2022 at 01:14AM

I've finally gotten the motivation/courage to ask my friend out on a date, but unfortunately I don't have many options. We don't see each other during the week, we both work and only text one another afterwards. On the weekends though, we at times hang out and go out to the movies, clubs or out to eat somewhere.I was thinking of texting her to ask her out on a date this weekend, but I'm not sure if that's the appropriate way to do this. I haven't asked anyone out on a date, so I'm not sure.Also, she doesn't have my number so calling her isn't an option. None of my friends have my number, they all keep contact through social media. So calling her is definitely out of the picture here.I don't have many options here, so personally I think I'm gonna go through with texting her. But before I do anything, I have to ask: is this okay? Like I said, I don't have other options due to our busy schedule. I don’t have a chance to tell her in person, because we don't see each other.I'll love your thoughts on this! I'll greatly appreciate it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.