Did I do the right thing?

So basically I (19M) was in a relationship with my ex now (17F) for 2 months and I broke it up and I want to know if I did the right thing.

Basically me and her were really close for a while like 1/2 years but we never really said anything and I didn’t want to ruin what we had so we just kept doing whatever we had going on like we cuddled and everything but idk why I didn’t ask her out. And then we one day finally we accepted it to each other and then she had to move with her family to the USA (I’m in canada). And she moved so far from me and we were actually only in a relationship for a week.

After she moved we talked on call for a while but then she got caught of being in a relationship (she wasn’t allowed to be in one) so then we couldn’t really talk and so we always only texted and even when we video called we only typed and it was just so fucking depressing to one point cause like I couldn’t ever talk to her and me being in my first year of uni looking at people together with their partners and then me not being able to be with her was just so hurting and then on top of that we always were like typing paragraphs to each other and it was just so exhausting and time consuming cause I just wasn’t able to talk to her and be with her and also not focus on my studying either.

And so after like 2 months of doing this I was just tired of it all and plus there were so many instances where it felt toxic as well cause like well let me tell you why it felt so bad:

  1. I remember this very clearly because we just had an argument on call after being able to talk after idk how long maybe a month and so we argued and I said I need some time and I left time call and she texts me “I never thought you’d leave without saying I love you”

  2. So basically every time we ft we were always typing and we were flirting and joking and all and I’d leave the call for a split second and join right back like Yk what I mean if someone says something to make fun of you and you know it’s right and so you leave the call for a sec and join right back…is that considered “walking out on the person”? Cause that’s what she said to me, like she made a joke and I left the call for a split second and then joined right back and she got mad at me for WALKING OUT ON HER.

So all these things happened and but I still like her but I don’t think it was possible to be with her as of now and so I broke up with her but now I’m like thinking back cause I’m just bored rn and idk if I was over reacting or I what I did was right…



Submitted June 28, 2022 at 01:11AM

So basically I (19M) was in a relationship with my ex now (17F) for 2 months and I broke it up and I want to know if I did the right thing.Basically me and her were really close for a while like 1/2 years but we never really said anything and I didn’t want to ruin what we had so we just kept doing whatever we had going on like we cuddled and everything but idk why I didn’t ask her out. And then we one day finally we accepted it to each other and then she had to move with her family to the USA (I’m in canada). And she moved so far from me and we were actually only in a relationship for a week.After she moved we talked on call for a while but then she got caught of being in a relationship (she wasn’t allowed to be in one) so then we couldn’t really talk and so we always only texted and even when we video called we only typed and it was just so fucking depressing to one point cause like I couldn’t ever talk to her and me being in my first year of uni looking at people together with their partners and then me not being able to be with her was just so hurting and then on top of that we always were like typing paragraphs to each other and it was just so exhausting and time consuming cause I just wasn’t able to talk to her and be with her and also not focus on my studying either.And so after like 2 months of doing this I was just tired of it all and plus there were so many instances where it felt toxic as well cause like well let me tell you why it felt so bad:I remember this very clearly because we just had an argument on call after being able to talk after idk how long maybe a month and so we argued and I said I need some time and I left time call and she texts me “I never thought you’d leave without saying I love you”So basically every time we ft we were always typing and we were flirting and joking and all and I’d leave the call for a split second and join right back like Yk what I mean if someone says something to make fun of you and you know it’s right and so you leave the call for a sec and join right back…is that considered “walking out on the person”? Cause that’s what she said to me, like she made a joke and I left the call for a split second and then joined right back and she got mad at me for WALKING OUT ON HER.So all these things happened and but I still like her but I don’t think it was possible to be with her as of now and so I broke up with her but now I’m like thinking back cause I’m just bored rn and idk if I was over reacting or I what I did was right…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.