How to deal with a sudden drastic change in behaviour with unkown reasons ?

Throwaway as I'd like to avoid revealing my identity. Written on mobile, sorry if formatting is going to be awful.

I (31M) have been dating a 26 years old girl, whom I''ve known her for a while and we always got along well, but aside from running into each other we didn't really interact. One day I ran into her at an event and we decided to grab a cup of coffee the next day, as she had to leave. We texted the next day, didn't meet as she was feeling ill, but we've never stopped talking afterwards.

Texting all day, facetiming 4-5 hours a day, and we both work fulltime, so this is a lot, even thought we also facetimed when we worked, but somehow it was never awful or boring. After our first date, we decided we wanted to continue dating and see if we keep getting along well with each other.

Couple weeks have passed, went on a couple more dates only ( we're both really low on free time ), and everything seemed just perfect. In over 30 years, I've never been happier.

After our 3rd date, we were supposed to meet again later that night to have drinks with a couple friends. And suddenly, while she was still at work for another hour, someone that usually replied within 2mins went dark for a couple hours. After a couple hours, almost at midnight, she told me she is home and she received some disturbing news and she doesn't feel well. And that was it for the evening, she went dark again.

Same evening, I had an accident and had to go to the ER. Next day comes along, she asks if I'm okay and tells me that she's sorry but atm she doesn't feel comfortable sharing what troubles her. I offered to support her in any way I can and told her that I'd not judge no matter what it is. She said she'll tell me one day, but not yet.

Since then, she's been cold. Barely just checked in to see how I feel after the accident, no more calls and she replies way way slower.

While it's her choice if she shares what troubles her or not, I can't stop overthinking about it. And it drives me nuts, honestly. One day we were both happy, 4 hours later it was all gone, without any real explanation. I'm also the kind of person that shares whatever is on their mind, so I'm having a hard time not asking about the issue again.

I'll mention that up until that point she's been extremely nice and interested. She's also a kind person, or at least seemed to be, as right now I'm way too confused to say for sure. This has only been going for three days, but I feel like I'm going insane. Not knowing the issue and not being to do anything about it is killing me. I also miss her and the way my entire day revolved around her.

I'm really confused and I'd appreciate any advice on dealing with this.

Take care, hopefully we'll all get the happy ending we're hoping for.



Submitted April 04, 2022 at 05:34PM

Throwaway as I'd like to avoid revealing my identity. Written on mobile, sorry if formatting is going to be awful.I (31M) have been dating a 26 years old girl, whom I''ve known her for a while and we always got along well, but aside from running into each other we didn't really interact. One day I ran into her at an event and we decided to grab a cup of coffee the next day, as she had to leave. We texted the next day, didn't meet as she was feeling ill, but we've never stopped talking afterwards.Texting all day, facetiming 4-5 hours a day, and we both work fulltime, so this is a lot, even thought we also facetimed when we worked, but somehow it was never awful or boring. After our first date, we decided we wanted to continue dating and see if we keep getting along well with each other.Couple weeks have passed, went on a couple more dates only ( we're both really low on free time ), and everything seemed just perfect. In over 30 years, I've never been happier.After our 3rd date, we were supposed to meet again later that night to have drinks with a couple friends. And suddenly, while she was still at work for another hour, someone that usually replied within 2mins went dark for a couple hours. After a couple hours, almost at midnight, she told me she is home and she received some disturbing news and she doesn't feel well. And that was it for the evening, she went dark again.Same evening, I had an accident and had to go to the ER. Next day comes along, she asks if I'm okay and tells me that she's sorry but atm she doesn't feel comfortable sharing what troubles her. I offered to support her in any way I can and told her that I'd not judge no matter what it is. She said she'll tell me one day, but not yet.Since then, she's been cold. Barely just checked in to see how I feel after the accident, no more calls and she replies way way slower.While it's her choice if she shares what troubles her or not, I can't stop overthinking about it. And it drives me nuts, honestly. One day we were both happy, 4 hours later it was all gone, without any real explanation. I'm also the kind of person that shares whatever is on their mind, so I'm having a hard time not asking about the issue again.I'll mention that up until that point she's been extremely nice and interested. She's also a kind person, or at least seemed to be, as right now I'm way too confused to say for sure. This has only been going for three days, but I feel like I'm going insane. Not knowing the issue and not being to do anything about it is killing me. I also miss her and the way my entire day revolved around her.I'm really confused and I'd appreciate any advice on dealing with this.Take care, hopefully we'll all get the happy ending we're hoping for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.