/u/ThiighHighs on How can someone experience sexual attraction without wanting to have sex?

I'm non-ace. I started experiencing sexual attraction at age 16-17 but never wanted to actually have sex with any of the targets of my attraction until I was 19-20.

Sexual attraction is a blanket term to describe a wide range of experiences centering around sexualized thoughts, feelings, and/or desires directed toward a specific person. Everyone defines and experiences it differently. For some people it manifests as a desire to actually have sex with someone but not always and not for everyone.

Someone might not desire sex with someone they're sexually attracted to for any number of reasons. Anxiety, body image issues (both of these were major factors for me when I was single), sex repulsion, being monogamous, disliking casual sex, or sometimes they just recognize that the fantasy of someone is sexy and arousing but the reality of actually having sex with them isn't the same.





January 19, 2022 at 12:40AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.