So hard not to take things personally…

I can rationalize that sometimes people just aren’t a match but it really hurts my feelings when things seemed to be going well and the guy seemed super interested and then they just lose interest or start only talking infrequently/only about sex or coming over instead of going on dates.

How can I not internalize that this person chose to court and date people and had relationships with them, but then met me and decided I wasn’t interesting enough or worth anything more than just limited contact or sex?

I know I’m an attractive, kind, and decent person who has their life together. People generally like to be around me but I can’t find a man who wants to be with me and like me for anything beyond sex or the bare minimum. Im not jumping into the sack with these people and do not prematurely make them the center of my universe. I have a life. I think we have a good back and forth going but I can’t get to a place where someone wants to be in a relationship with me.

Admittedly I don’t date a lot but anytime I have I’m met with this and it’s making me feel very down about myself.



Submitted January 06, 2022 at 03:27AM

I can rationalize that sometimes people just aren’t a match but it really hurts my feelings when things seemed to be going well and the guy seemed super interested and then they just lose interest or start only talking infrequently/only about sex or coming over instead of going on dates.How can I not internalize that this person chose to court and date people and had relationships with them, but then met me and decided I wasn’t interesting enough or worth anything more than just limited contact or sex?I know I’m an attractive, kind, and decent person who has their life together. People generally like to be around me but I can’t find a man who wants to be with me and like me for anything beyond sex or the bare minimum. Im not jumping into the sack with these people and do not prematurely make them the center of my universe. I have a life. I think we have a good back and forth going but I can’t get to a place where someone wants to be in a relationship with me.Admittedly I don’t date a lot but anytime I have I’m met with this and it’s making me feel very down about myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.