/u/headsrollofftattoo on asexual dating an allosexual (negative)

Just remember that just because someone is allo doesn’t mean they “need” sex. For some people yes, this would be a dealbreaker. For others, they wouldn’t even call it an inconvenience!

Do you trust your partner when they say that sex isn’t required for a good relationship? Because he might not just be saying that to be nice, it could be true! Sex isn’t required for everyone, even among those who experience sexual attraction.

I know this is a vent and I don’t want to invalidate your feelings, because it’s very reasonable to have them! I’d gently encourage you to entertain the idea that your partner ISN’T disappointed. At the end of the day, they want YOU, not sex.

Finally, remember your own power. Relationships are a two way street and while he could end it at any time, so could you. And it’s ok for you to own that agency and know that if you aren’t getting your needs met anymore you can move on as well.

Best of luck to both of you - I imagine those are difficult feelings to navigate. Communication is key. You are a whole and valid person. Cheers!

I promise I’m trying to be helpful - if anything I said was off-base please feel free to tell me to fuck off and I’ll re-examine how I try to respond to people on here.





June 10, 2021 at 11:50PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.