/u/BlunderFishes on Not really interested, and kinda frightened of the whole "pride" thing?

I like attending Pride as an ally because I love to see so many happy people comfortable being who they are. But I’ve never gone as one of the community because 1) I’m not comfortable with publicly expressing my sexuality and 2) Sometimes the acceptance of ace folks at some Pride events (especially those who may currently present cis-het) can be a little dicey.

So yeah, it’s okay to not be into it. You’re not obligated to enjoy loud parades, rainbows, and half-naked (or totally naked, depending on the event!) people. Pride is an undeniably sexuality-heavy event, which can be especially uncomfortable for sex-wary aces.

Just try to be sensitive when you express your opinions about it, because it’s a very special thing for a lot of folks who fought very hard to be seen and accepted. Telling people you don’t like Pride might be interpreted as “I don’t like what Pride stands for,” so be mindful when it comes up.





May 15, 2021 at 11:38PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.