/u/The-Mad-Katter on Can allos PLEASE stop harassing children for exploring their identity?!?

I can’t even imagine how hard it must be to be 12, 13, or 14 years old (or sometimes even younger!) and getting so many awful responses about a microlabel that makes you feel real and comfortable when these kids obviously take so much pride in them. If I was told that young that I was just trying to get attention and was the worst of the internet and couldn’t put the situation into context and simply shake it off, I would have pretended to have crushes and maybe even forced myself into a relationship out of fear that people would otherwise think I was broken or an attention-seeker.

Yes a lot of the times the situation isn’t that serious, but I’ve seen videos from kalvin garrah victims who were young and figuring out their identity and had thousands of random people bombard their dms telling them they were causing “real trans people to look bad” simply for expressing their gender in a way authentic to them, and I’m starting to see this happen as ace people slowly become more accepted in LGBTQ+ spaces. Allos are starting to realize that ace people are valid, but are getting it into their heads that if a person identifies as not “fully” ace but also not “fully” allo, they are making a mockery of the ace and greater LGBTQ+ community, which just isn’t true. And the worst part is they use cringy tweets and posts and comments from literal children to justify their bigotry, making these kids feel like it is their fault and that identifying as anything other that “ace” or “allo” is hurting people...

As the a-spec community grows and more and more people learn that these microlabels exist, we will see more and more of this and I really just hope that the most vulnerable in our community stay safe ❤️





February 12, 2021 at 11:39PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.