/u/DarkBlueChameleon on Post for sex favourable & indifferent aces and grey-ace/aspec aces to feel welcome!

  1. Honestly I think good representation of a grey-ace in media would be almost impossible. People don't get that asexuality is a spectrum, you're either fully ace or straight/gay/bi/pan/etc. I don't even know how you could portray it tastefully so you can grasp the subtleties that come with it within the span of a movie/TV show. Demi is maybe a bit easier to do, but it can also fall very easily in the "this person fixed this other character's asexuality" problem.

  2. The truth is that I don't think I will come out anytime soon. I'm still figuring things out, so it's not like I'm a veteran identifying as grey ace, but again, if people already have a hard time understanding asexuality as a lack of sexual attraction, imagine having to explain that well, actually, sometimes you do have it, but it's so infrequent and weak that you relate more to aces than allos. For me that would also pose an additional problem, because if I can't come out as grey ace easily, then if I come out as aromantic only people would assume that I'm alloaro, which actually makes me uncomfy.





January 22, 2021 at 11:39PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.