/u/BlunderFishes on Weekly thread for sex favourable and indifferent aces, grey-asexual, demisexual, lo and ace-spec folks!

Hiya! Thanks so much for making these threads! It does feel like the most common misconception about aces (asexual = hates sex) tends to dominate this sub, and I sometimes feel weird posting my experiences because I don’t want to accidentally trigger any sex-repulsed folks.

I would define myself at this point as a sex-favorable demi-romantic ace. Generally speaking, I find that I share more experiences with other aces - even sex-repulsed aces - than I do with allos.

I’m currently married to my long-term allo partner and to be honest, the idea of dating terrifies me. I never had any interest in dating before I met my spouse, and I can’t even imagine navigating that scene. It’s very rare for me to develop romantic attraction and I don’t feel sexual attraction, so what else do I have to offer the unsuspecting allos out in the dating world? Nothing that they would understand and accept in a partner, that’s for sure. I might find someone I was romantically attracted to, but judging by my life so far the odds are pretty bad. 😅

It has been pretty easy to strike a balance in my current relationship because I have romantic feelings and I enjoy sex enough that their needs are met. If I were sex-repulsed I think it would be a lot more difficult to reach that understanding.





January 29, 2021 at 11:49PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.