/u/Sippy-Cupp on This person insisting that asexuality is an illness and that all ace people are just “losers refusing to acknowledge their disorder”

I have never had any trauma, my dr checks my blood work every year and everything is in order, and if I could fit in with the rest of society and not feel different every time my mom mentions me dating someone or my dad brings up babies I would not choose to be asexual.

Also your comment

No one who is ace could possibly imagine the love a sexual person feels.

negates your premise that asexualality is a choice. If it was a choice, we would know/could understand that kind of love but choose not to experience it.

Sex is not the only way to experience love. It is a form that some people's love takes, it can be an expression of love. And many asexuals enjoy having sex, they simply don't feel the sexual attraction when looking at people.

It is inhumane to deprive an individual of sex and love.

I don't want sex. Is it inhumane for me to not have something I don't want? It is inhumane to force someone into situations where they're uncomfortable or to do something they don't want to do just because other people think it's necessary for happiness.

An explanation I've seen on this sub that I like is this - Heterosexual people are sexually attracted to the opposite sex, homosexual people are sexually attracted the same sex, it stands to reason there are people are are not attracted to either.





December 30, 2020 at 12:03AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.