/u/EarthboundCcapacApu on Coming out to parents

I had a similar experience.

My mom said sex is an essential part of a romantic relationship, and if you aren't having it then you are just friends. I got the whole "it's only a phase" thing, and I pretty much regret telling her.

My dad was slightly more understanding, but he told me I might need to go to the doctor sometime because a man should have a higher sex drive. I'll be honest, I don't think my parents have ever heard of an asexual human.

To deal with it, I just moved on. My family has always had a habit of making me believe I am something that I'm not, so this just felt like another of those cases, and I don't let it influence me.





December 21, 2020 at 11:56PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.