/u/WatcherOfStarryAbyss on Aegosexuality Appreciation Post

This is pretty close to the definition I'm familiar with, which is basically: "The abstract idea of sex, and maybe even other people having sex, is an appealing idea. The idea of experiencing sex personally is gross/slightly repulsive/undesirable/off-putting."

I'm like that 90% of the time. Sex can be a beautiful thing. It can be sensual, arousing, and look like it would be extremely pleasant. Me personally having sex sounds tedious and gross. Making it personal reminds me of the reality of the situation.

There would be odd smells. And acne. And sweaty hugs. There would be unusual sounds. My bed would get messy and I'd have to change the sheets. (Obviously, I'm not doing it on dirty sheets, so they'd get like 1/2 a night's use before getting washed again.) My housemates would probably hear us. There's bad breath and BO. Skin is often greasier than you might think it is. Also, sex would probably be a lot of work. There would probably be panting and getting out of breath. There would be burning muscles, and water breaks. Not to mention the clean-off showers before and after. Good showers can take a while!

Being reminded of the realities of sex is usually enough to kill any interest. Much easier to go deal with my libido on my own, where the cleanup is easy and the orgasm is probably nearly as good.

However, I do consider myself to be demisexual. On the rare occasion(s? only one so far) where I actually felt sexually attracted, I didn't care about the realities of sex. I just wanted to be close to her.

Of the communities I've encountered, demi's and Aego's seem to understand my position the best.

Aego isn't fake ace. You're valid. I'm valid. We're all valid together!

*passes out vouchers for a big hug and a high-five*





November 30, 2020 at 11:38PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.