I have a deep insecurity about dating again because of a certain medical issue, and I could use some reassurance. TMI (and I will probably delete this soon lol)

Alright so no beating around the bush. I (female) have hemorrhoids. I'm not a good candidate for repair surgery because I have a condition that predisposes me to just inevitably develop more, in addition to possible complications.

I divorced in August 2018 and have only been on two dates since, in part because I am just SO FREAKING TERRIFIED of ever getting intimate with someone again and letting them see this. It doesn't help how modern dating culture pushes a "try before you buy" kind of attitude where you're expected to sleep together after only a few dates, before someone has enough emotional attachment to be kind and understanding about this issue. And I know it will surprise a partner when they see/feel them, because I otherwise look young, healthy, and fit, but I can't warn them because.... wtf? ew?

So, yep. That's it. Please help 😭



Submitted March 14, 2020 at 11:56PM

Alright so no beating around the bush. I (female) have hemorrhoids. I'm not a good candidate for repair surgery because I have a condition that predisposes me to just inevitably develop more, in addition to possible complications.I divorced in August 2018 and have only been on two dates since, in part because I am just SO FREAKING TERRIFIED of ever getting intimate with someone again and letting them see this. It doesn't help how modern dating culture pushes a "try before you buy" kind of attitude where you're expected to sleep together after only a few dates, before someone has enough emotional attachment to be kind and understanding about this issue. And I know it will surprise a partner when they see/feel them, because I otherwise look young, healthy, and fit, but I can't warn them because.... wtf? ew?So, yep. That's it. Please help 😭

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.